City Property Deals
Our agents, Graham + Sibbald, are delighted to announce four recent new lets;
284 High Street, Glasgow
- Marketed since June 2015 and subject to six separate offers, this High Street property has been leased to Rebecca MacRaild, KMR Candles. Rebecca creates homemade candles using eco soya wax and has actress Emma Thomson and singer Paula Abdul as clients.
- Andrew Pilley, Graduate Surveyor at Graham + Sibbald, said: “After an extensive marketing period it’s fantastic to see this property being let and hopefully signals a change in fortunes for this part of Glasgow city centre.”
Former Fish Market site at the Blochairn Markets
- Marketed since April 2015 this site extends to approximately 4.16 acres and has been resurfaced in order to facilitate future redevelopment options. An annual lease has been agreed with Pendragon Property Holdings Limited, who are buyers and sellers of real estate.
- Omar Khan, Commercial Surveyor at Graham + Sibbald, said: “Leasing this site to Pendragon has secured an attractive income stream whilst future redevelopment options are explored.”
130 Maryhill Road, Glasgow
- Marketed since August 2016, this site has been let to Al Duaa Tours Limited on an annual lease basis.
- Omar Khan, Commercial Surveyor at Graham + Sibbald, said: “It is encouraging to see continued interest in neighbourhood retail locations and the flexible leasing options we can provide to prospective clients.”
136 Bridgegate, Glasgow
- Marketed since June 2016 and subject to extended negotiations with the original offer, which failed to conclude, the site has now been leased to Saruta Yotha, Leelawadee Beauty Salon and Spa.
- Andrew Pilley, Graduate Surveyor at Graham + Sibbald, said: “After the incoming tenant was served an eviction notice due to vital structural works having to be carried out to their building, we negotiated terms for a new annual lease and were able to secure occupation for the tenant before their date of removal. We were delighted to assist in this letting and believe the flexible lease terms we can offer are highly attractive within the current marketplace.”